It’s the last day of 2010, which means it’s time for year in review yet again! Looking back at the resolutions I set for 2010, which I did in this entry.
I actually didn’t list out my personal resolution back then! Well, in terms of gears, I think I have surpassed the target I set. A year ago, I set sight of acquiring 3 lenses:
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM;
- Tokina Pro 116 ATX 11-16mm f/2.8; and
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
I didn’t all three of those, but I scored 2 out of 3. I managed to add a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, and a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (in place of Tokina Pro 116 ATX 11-16mm f/2.8). Like I said in the entry, it would be a bonus, if I managed to get in year 2010. I’ll probably push this target further till maybe next year or 2012.
2010, wasn’t an easy time for me personally. There were definitely ups and downs, but comparing to the year before, things were so much better in 2010.
Here are some of the notable highlights in 2010:
1) Go Bald 2010: In May 2010, I got myself involved in the Go Bald 2010 campaign, as the project coordinator, and yes, I got my head shaved.
Here are some photos from the press conference back in April 2010:
2) My short stint in a local press firm, which amazingly brushed up my skill with layout software for publications. I hope that skill comes handy someday.
3) Attended the first WPPM Conference 2010, and met a bunch of cool people there.
4) And recently, I got myself into another publication project. This one comes in combination of both photography and compiling for this publication. You may find my name among the credits in this publication, which is available in Kuching only.
5) Launching the FB page for my photography career, with that, I’ve decided to push it to a while new level. This will have my full focus for the coming year in 2011. In case you’ve missed it, here’s the URL to my FB page: www.facebook.com/allenangphotography. Please click the ‘like’ button, and share it with your friends. Your supports are truly appreciated.
6) Here’s a bit more on my personal achievement: I somehow managed to bring my weight down by as much as 6kg. My weight current stays stagnant, but I am looking forward to shed off few more pounds next year.
I’ll be ending year 2010 with another assignment tonight, covering a countdown party in town. And starting the new year with a wedding assignment as early as 2nd January. I’ll take that as a sign of ending the year on a high, and ushering the new year with a positive start.
Happy New Year to you all!! I’ll see you all in year 2011. Cheers!
p/s: Pardon the inconsistency with the images sizes, as the older images were from previous theme. I only blow up the size to 900 pixel wide after I switch to the new theme recently.