Every year, everyone sets a resolution for themselves, some personal goal or some sort. I am no different.
For 2017, I have set a goal.
The goal is to complete FOUR long distance runs for the year, that was initial plan. The plan eventually evolved, and became FIVE runs, instead of FOUR. I am on course to complete FIVE long distances in FIVE months, which kicked off in May.
Hence, Mayrathon for the month of May.
FIVE in FIVE. That’s a first for me.
This is my first time to have so many long runs slotted in. On average, I have one long distance run for me every month. Here are the FIVE which I have gotten myself into:
- Borneo International Marathon (BIM) @ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on May 7, 2017
- Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon (SCKLM) @ Kuala Lumpur, on May 21, 2017
- Cat City Marathon @ Kuching, Sarawak on July 23, 2017
- Kuching Marathon @ Kuching, Sarawak on August 13, 2017
- The Performance Series @ Kuching, Sarawak on September 3, 2017.
From the five, three of them are Half Marathons (21km in distance), and the other two being Full Marathon (42km in distance).
In May, I’ve got a split of a half marathon first, before my first ever Full Marathon two weeks later. It is also my first time to have two long distance runs, just two weeks apart.
When this post is published, I will be away for few days. I’ll share more about the Mayrathon when I am back, in the next post.